Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 3: "Estoy muy feliz hoy!"



"Estoy muy feliz hoy!" is a current catch phrase in our district right now. It´s great; I love my district a lot. (It means "I am very happy today")
          Thank you all for sharing your lives and your thoughts on conference! It´s really hard to describe how awesome it was to watch conference in the CCM! It is one of the experiences that I will hold on to forever. We watched conference in English; even the Spanish ones had the English voice over. But that didn't stop us from cheering whenever they announced that someone would be speaking in Spanish! It was cool to listen and recognize words. I loved all the talks, they had such a different meaning to me - I could easily relate them to the lessons I am studying and teaching. One of my favorite talks was by President Uchtdorf. I found a lot of comfort in his words about the light of the gospel. (Thanks Mom for the quote!!) I feel like a lot of the talks were about personal revelation, and I love that message. I love that I can tell people not only about this gospel and the things that I believe and have come to know, but I also that this is something that anyone can learn for themselves. God knows each of His children so well; He knows how to teach each one of them so they will be able to understand. 
          I also really liked Elder Anderson´s testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. Elder Hales´ talk has a special place in my heart - even with the "investigators" that we have taught so far, we find a lot of people that don´t believe that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are separate Beings. Elder Hales´ talk helped me to know better why it is so important that we understand this concept. For me, it is because I better understand just how loving and selfless Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost truly are. I also loved Elder Packer´s talk, and all the talks on prophets just prepared me to listen to the prophet President Monson, and he in turn pointed us to Christ. I loved that. 
         We had a cool experience in class yesterday. Our teacher, Hermana Balderas, told us she had this dream all night the night before about showing us this video. She didn´t know why, but I´m grateful she recieved and acted on that revelation. IT was "La obra misional y la Expiacion" (Missionary work and the Atonement) We learned that missionary work isn´t easy, but that when it gets hard we can be glad that we are standing shoulder to shoulder with the most perfect Missionary that ever lived. The video inspired Hermana Cook and I to go to God in prayer and figure out the things we need to be doing better. We have a goal of speaking more Spanish and also better understanding the language of the Spirit. I know that we have already been blessed because of it. 
         Last night we had our first real investigators - we were so nervous, and it was hard because Hermana Cook was feeling a bit sick, but it turned out to be one of the greatest experiences. It makes me so excited to go out and teach. First we taught a father and son about Joseph Smith and the restoration. Then we taught this man named Gustavo, he had such a light with him and I just felt that he is so ready to make covenants - I didn't ask him if he wanted to be baptized, but I think I should have. 
        We played lightning\knock-out as a district the other day, and I totally won. I don´t really know how, I just thought you´d like to know :)
        Please let grandma Williams know that I am getting her emails\Dear Elder letters. I am very grateful for them. She even remembered things from my setting apart that I hadn't, and it's great to hear what has been going on in our family - and that goes for all of your stories. Keep sending them.
       I love you all so much! I can´t believe I've been here three weeks already. We just said goodbye to one of the districts in our zone on Monday and Tuesday. They are all going to California and I know they will do great. We got more missionaries in our zone yesterday, and we are looking forward to getting to know them better. 

I hope you all have a great week! 
Love,
Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment