Monday, January 19, 2015

A Time to Laugh, a Time to Weep

Ok, that title might have been kind of scary, so I´ll start with the sad part. 

The sad part is that an abuela - grandmother - in the ward passed away this last week. She lives one block away from us and we eat dinner with her granddaughter twice a week. I´d only visited the grandmother, Patrona, a few times. Actually we had planned to go sing to her on Friday, but she passed away Thursday night.  Everyone gathered together and sang hymns at the house and the next day there was a service in the church.  Though it´s been hard, It helped me understand the importance of knowing Heavenly Fathérs Plan for us, and that we will be able to see our loved ones again. 

So, some good news is that Melissa´s baptism will be this Saturday. And another young woman and her mother that the other hermanas in teh ward are teaching will be baptized the same day! 
Also, on Sunday, we went to church, and, despite our efforts, didn´t have investigators. But, a young woman, Demaris, who invited her friend to listen to the gospel awhile ago told us she had news. Good news. We haven´t had a visit with her friend for weeks, because he hasn´t been in the area. I don´t know exactly how, but Demaris told us that he wants to be baptized. And he wants to serve a mission. He´s nineteen right now, but he could still go. I was surprised and I´ve just been so happy today! 

I was also happy because we went to the beach again. The hammocks, the wind, the waves. Very relaxing. I´ve got pictures. 



We´ve been working with retention of members as well as investigators. One is with an hermana who´s been sick but is getting better. We went to offer service on Saturday. I didn´t know you could sweep a back yard wiht a broom, but aparantly you can. And tyou also spreasd water over the ground, so the dust doesn´t get everywhere. They didn´t attend yesterday, but we have a family home evening with them tonight. And it´s her daughter, Angie´s birthday! She´s honestly one of the most loving people I know. She´s turning 11. 

These are called tajaditas. I´m pretty sure that´s how you say it. they´re fried platanos, almost like a banana, with onion and peppers on top. Yummy! There´s also this restaurant here called Wendy´s, I don´t know if you´ve heard of it. I might be in love with the frosty in a cone. 

Well, I think that´s it for now. Tomorrow I´ll know if I have transfers. I don´t want transfers, but everything is through revelation, so we just have to trust in our Heavenly Father. 

Thank you so much for all your prayers. Really, our zone is more united and we have been seeing miracles. I love you all very much!

Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment