Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cambios... (Changes)

Dearest Friends and Family, 

So, we had changes this week. We weren´t really surprised when they called us Tuesday morning and told us that Hermana Araujo would be leaving Santa Lucia, because she´s been here for almost five months. But, I was surprised when they told us I would be training. 

So, a little nervous, we went to transfers on Wednesday with a large group of missionaries in Tegus. I always like how we do it all together, almost everyone who has changes. Only four hermanas came this change to the mission, and I knew I would soon be showing one of them around Santa Lucia, but I didn´t know which. We greeted them, and, though I wasn´t sure, I felt that one of the hermanas, Hermana Platero, would be my companion. 

And I was right. 

So. Hermana Platero is from El Salvador (So don´t guess that she´s from Guatemala, she doesn´t like that). She´s really sweet, and brings a special spirit to the lessons and area. We´ve been able to find new people and though some are more positive than others, we have hope. 




The influence of Hermano Eugenio y Hermana Mirta continues to grow in their family, with their children. Yesterday we shared a video about the first vision with them and even though the graphics weren´t that great (what can we say, it´s like from the 80s) it was still a successful lesson and two of their daughters are starting to read the Book of Mormon. 

I love the Book of Mormon and try to read from it every day, even if it´s just a little.

I´ve had a lot of responsibilities this last week, but everything is going fine - still healthy, still smililng, still working. 

Love you all so much! 
Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment