Monday, July 6, 2015

I'll go where He wants me to go

Dear family and friends,

This week was a good one. We worked with members, had a nice family home evening with a good family that invited two of their nephews - we hope to keep on working with them in the future, they´re 14 and 17. The 17-year-old is a twin, and we have yet to meet the other twin, but we´ll keep working with them. They´re still new. Working with members is much nicer, and I know every member is important in missionary work. It´s important to consider how each one of us fits in, whether we take time to explain a princple to someone who doens´t know the church, invite someone to an activity, or  help someone stay in the church by sharing our testimony - it´s all important.

       On Wednesday we visited the hermana that I told you about last week - that was baptized when she was little but basically never was an active member, that we shared the restauration with last week. Well, this week we were able to share a little with her husband. He belongs to another church, but has a good spirit about him. We hope to give them a Book of Mormon and share more - we´ll see how things go. 
       On Thursday we went with an hermana to a part of our area that´s farther away to visit an hermana who is a little less active, but really I admire her a lot for the distance that she walks to come to church, even more because she comes with three small children. 

       On Friday to Saturday we had divisions with the sister training leaders, the hermanas Garcias. Because they´re both named Garcia. It was great and we learned a lot, we´re getting better at opening the mouth, trying to teach everyone we can. We also had a lesson with the familia Doblado on Friday during the divisions, and we shared the restauration with one of the daughters of Hermano Eugenio and Hermana Mirta, Mary. She paid attention and the spirit was there, she´s reading the pamphlets that we gave her. She hasn´t come to church yet but I feel she will be baptized one day, especially because her little 6 year old girl loves the church and primary very much. Other members of the family are faithfully attending church as well and although they aren´t ready for baptism right now, we hope they soon will be. Hermano Eugenio and Hermana Mirta were called as ward missionaries on Sunday, and they both shared their testimonies. I love this family so much and I´m so happy for them!

        I was, of course, saddened by the news of President Packer. I was with Hermana Garcia when we received the news. We paused for a moment and were comforted by knowing that he has passed to the other side because he has completed his mission here on earth. 

        I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. I don´t remember the preexistence, and I can´t see into the spirit world, but I can feel the Spirit testifying it´s true. I also want to give a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Annette and Bryan and the whole family, and I´m so excited - becuase I guessed right :) hehe. Anyway, I love you all and I´m happy for you all. 

 Oh, and Happy Fourth of July. Though that doesn´t mean a lot here. And Happy birthday grandma Hogge! I love you! 

           Well, not a lot more to tell about this week. We have some activities planned in the ward and we´ve been finding new people, so I hope I stay in Santa Lucia, but whatever the Lord´s will is fine with me. I´ll go where he wants me to go.    

            I´m also glad that my family shares a lot of love for one another, and always says their family prayers ;) I´m grateful that I´m physically doing well, and that we´ve been blessed to find and know the people we´ve come to know here. 

         I love you all so much and I pray for you! Have an awesome week!

         Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment