Monday, July 13, 2015

Onto Nacaome!

Buenas Tardes familia y amigos. I hope everyone is well. 

        Well, it was time for me to leave Santa Lucia. I loved it, and a big part of me didn´t want to leave, but the Lord knows what´s best for every missionary and the people we will be meeting. I hope that many of our investigators in Santa Lucia progress and I will let you know if I hear news of them. That was one thing that I enjoyed after leaving my first area,hearing news of baptisms, temple trips, etc. I am so grateful for the time I have had in each area, and I know I will love Nacaome just as much. 

          Nacaome is the name of my new area. It reminds me a LOT of Choluteca. I´m here, in the South, getting used to the heat again. The first few days were nice because I brought the rain with me from Santa Lucia. But now, well we´re getting pretty swetty. But I like it here. My companion is Hermana Aguiñada. She´s also from El Salvador, from San Salvador.  I´m finishing her training, she only has two months in the mission. She´s very sweet, mellow, and loving. We work well together, which is important. She reminds me a bit, even more because I, like her, had two trainers and had to show my second trainer Hermana Arango around the whole area, and there was still a lot I didn´t know. So we´re doing the same here.  Nacaome is pretty big, we share the branch with a companionship of elders. 

              The elders had a baptism on Saturday, and we went to support them. The problem was, as the hour of the baptism grew closer, the power went out in most of the city. We went ahead with the baptism, trusting in the lights of candles, flashlights, and cellphones. We were a little nervous, but we went ahead and as we started singing the first hymn, the lights came on!  So, Heavenly Father blessed us there. It was a really great baptism because it was one young man, about 16 or 17, who was being baptized by his friend of about the same age. It was a great opportunity for him to use the priesthood he had been given. 

              We are also preparing for a baptism which we hope will happen either this week or the next.  She´s a 14 year old girl named Maria. I´ll be happy to get to know her better this week, I was only able to meet her once.  There´s also a couple that are members and are reactivating in the church, and they´re great, we had lunch with them on Sunday. I´ll hopefully be able to send pictures next time, right now the computers are a bit slow (sorry). 

               Well, besides the changes, which are always a bit challenging but I´m more adapted to them now, not much is new. Here, like I said is similar to my first area, but busier. There´s a street in the center which is like a market - selling jewelry, fruit, vegetables, tortillas, clothes - you name it. There´s a bus station too so it´s a little loud, but we´ve still managed to do some contacting.  There´s lots of dogs everywhere, as usual. But they´re used to the people and don´t do anything. It´s often the dogs that have owners, not the strays, that are meaner, I´ve learned. Especially if they don´t know you. I actually got bit by a dog in Santa Lucia and don´t want to repeat the experience, because it kind of hurt. So, I´m being careful, but here there doesn´t seem to be as many problems. 

                 We got together with the zone today to play soccer and watch How to Train you Dragon. It was good to relax a bit. In my zone is my former companion Hermana Araujo, which is fun.  And there are a bunch of poeple I still don´t know and will be getting to know over the next weeks. 

               I just want to say that I love you all and hope that we all can recognize how blessed we are to have the gospel. I hope we can all remember that no one is perfect and everyone needs a friend, that the church is like a hospital and a school, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way - we must follow Him if we are to become like Him. If we make the effort to keep our covenants we will be able to achieve that. I like to read the sacrament prayers (D and C 20:77) to remind me of those covenants, as well as Mosiah 18. As we keep our covenants, we are putting on the armor of God. We might make mistakes, but the adversary will not have power over us. Of that I truly testify.  I love you and hope you have an amazing week!

              Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment