Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Power Outage in Nacaome

Feliz Martes! Well, these past few days have definately been an adventure. I apologize that you did not receive an email yesterday. There we were sitting in the cyber and I noticed that the sky outside was getting darker. And darker. My wonderful Nacaome has one very distinct characteristic - when it rains, even just a little, the power goes out. So I was writing when BLACK went the computer. The lights came back on in a few  minutes, I rushed to write another shorter email when BLACK went the computer again. So, i tried not to cry into the keyboard as we packed our things - there wasn´t anything we could do. I knew everything would be ok, but i was more worried for all of you and my new companion, who barely has a few days as a mini missionary.  We recieved permision this morning to write - and when we went to write AGAIN the power went out. But, now it´s back. :) 

          My new companion is Hermana Dubon, and is very sweet. In appearance she reminds me of Ally a bit. She is from Tegucigalpa and will be with me for the rest of the transfer. After being in a trio in San Lorenzo for five days, I was ready to get back to Nacaome, even though it´s possibly even hotter here. But I missed my area and was worried about it. Hermana Dubon and I have already been finding and teaching some good people. Even though there are always the same rejections every day, there are also many blessings that make up for it. 

          We had a nice family home evening with a new family that moved in to the ward. I felt and continue to feel that they have a purpose here in Nacaome. This little branch is growning. We have about 70 or so people every Sunday, and we hope that it keeps growing strong. We have had a few young women investigators that have come to church with us for the past two sundays, Rachel and Sodgi (17 and 10) I hope they continue to progress a lot. This Sunday we also had a special visit from the counselor of President Bowler, President Espinal, that gave us a workshop-meeting in the third hour. It was a blessing and a help to us. Even in branches where there aren´t very many members, Heavenly Father´s work of salvation keeps moving forward. 

           Yesterday we had a fun experience with the zone - we went to an island called Amapala, which is about 10 minutes from the shore in boat. There are elders assigned there, and their house doubles as the chapel. We had fun playing futbol on the beach and relaxing a little. (pictures to come - sorry!) 

           Yesterday evening we left at 6 to work, as usual, and our first appointment was with Hermano Lopez. We were going to visit Sunday, but he wasn´t able to at last minute he had an emergency. But we learned from the experience that Heavenly Father always watches over us. I think I´ve mentioned the Familia Lopez before. When I met them they had two kids. Now they have three. The Hermana Lopez had her baby boy. We visited Hermano Lopez and one of his sons, the oldest, Kevin, 11 years old. We taught on their patio, responding to some questions Hermano Lopez had. We started by singing the hymn about eternal families - and there was one point in the lesson that it started raining really hard! We were under an aluminum roof, and had to stop talking, but the Hermano Lopez called his son over and showed him the hymn we began with - Kevin read it and smiled and nodded. The two of them at the end of the lesson agreed to be baptized. We don´t have an exact date yet but I know that we can set one once we are teaching the whole family. One can feel the Spirit very much when we teach them - we can really feel like we are in the right place at the right time. That was a really good lesson for us, especially after we weren´t able to write our families. 

             So that´s how this week has been. Again, I´m super sorry for yesterday. I hope you are all well and happy. I love you all so very much. I hope you remember that you never need to worry about me. Heavenly Father knows of all of our needs and wants what is best for us - he wants more than anything for us to learn and progress.  I hope we never tire of doing what is good and right  - Doctrine and Covenants 64:33-34. I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment