Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pieces of the Lord's Love


































Buenos tardes, todos! 

     I still don't know if I will stay here or change. I will know tomorrow, so unfortunately you all won't know until next week, but, wherever I stay or go will be for the best. It's been a good four months here in Choluteca, Honduras. I have felt pieces of the Lord's love for these people. One was for an inactive member named Marta. I think I've mentioned her before, but she was inactive for about 10 years and was very discouraged. She just didn't feel the desire to go to church on Sundays. But, thanks to her hardworking, loving family, prayers of faith, and an article from the Liahona, she told us that she woke up, she decided, and now is making an effort to go to church every sunday and stay all three hours!  It was a very happy moment, and I was grateful for the time I've had here. 

      Another thing I am grateful for and can testify of is obedience to the rules that our mission president gave us for our lessons, and thanks to the rule of always challenging our investigators to be baptized, we have a lot more poeple that are really working toward baptism, working toward a goal. We found an investigator named Ana last week, and it was in teh moment she needed us. I know we were lead there so she could recognize that the Lord was aware of her. She's very positive, and even though she wasn't able to go to church yesterday, her son did. 

      Some of the best moments of this last week was simply offering service with Hermana Arango. We cleaned and washed dishes, even helped  man pushing a lady in a wooden wheelchair over a dirt road, in the heat. It's pretty hot. And it's always a custom to greet women with a kiss on the cheek, right, but sometimes that is kind of gross when you're both sweaty. But, whatever, that's the life. 

        Today we celebrated the 6 month mark of my companion, and it's weird to think I'm close to mine. But, I've learned a lot, especially the importance of always doing the small things, especially remembering that each and every one of us is important and has a part to play. When we really have the trust to follow the insturctions of our leaders and the whisperings of the Spirit, we can work miracles. I have apersonal testimony that Jesus Christ is the head of this church and can guide us. 




            I love you all!


            hermana hogge

p.s. And, another big blessing was that Melissa was able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. She even brought some names of her own family, they were grandpas, but it was wonderful for her and she had a great experience. i am so grateful for the blessings of the temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment